Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our Super-Sweet New Ride


The nice folks at Uhaul set us up with this pimped out 24-footer. It can do 65 with only a little wobble, and gets a whoppin' 9mpg. with a tailwind. Downhill. If it's steep. The little black dots are called love-bugs, and are all over Florida and the gulf coast of Alabama and Mississippi this time of year. They are so-named because the male and female are locked in coitus when they splatter on your windshield. I estimate our kill-count at about 26 million. At least I hope.
We left the scene of the crash and made it to San Antonio, TX where we took a couple of days to get our bearings and be sure that the insurance companies had everything that they needed. Of course the person that I needed to speak to at BOTH insurance companies was off on Friday. I wish I had that job...
Anyhow, we are recharged after a couple of days to let the initial shock wear off.
By the way, my brother makes the best breakfast burritos. He says that they are tacos.
They're burritos, bro.

No comments: