Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Last night was dinner with Luc & Melissa at the Farm 255 here in Athens, followed by drinks at The Three Kings (which also included a Japanese zombie movie... don't ask).

Many of you are aware that Jason and I lived in Athens, GA previously. I attended the University of Georgia as an undergraduate. Between the two of us, as Jason jokes, we had the perfect college experience. My education was paid for with scholarships, so I was constantly working 2 jobs and studying. Jason filled out the social end of things for me. One of the things that Athens is famous for is its music scene and the fact that you can go to a different bar every week for almost 3 years. Jason, I believe, hit them all. (Sometimes they would hit back.)

It has been a sometimes surreal experience to be back here almost ten years after I left. Lots of memories. We will miss the proximity to family, the constant entertainment, the many wonderful restaurants, and the inexpensive housing.

But we are both ready for our next step, and LA is waiting....

No comments: