Monday, August 17, 2009

Glacier pictures, day one

I finally got around to downloading the pictures from my Canon powershot SD790 IS. These are not nearly as good as the pictures that Jay takes with his Nikon D300 (he has a lot more resolution and skill than I do) but I thought they could convey some of the beauty of the park. The only problem I had with this particular trip was lack of time. I love long hikes and camping, and we didn't get to do either. Just short day hikes (5 - 10 miles) and fly fishing. The fly fishing was awesome, even though I didn't actually get any fish on my hook! Lots of nibbles, but setting the hook was something I was having trouble with. Here are a few shots below:


Jay at St. Mary's Lake just after we entered the park. We took a short 3 mile hike to Baring Falls, pictured below:
From there we took Going to the Sun road to Logan Pass. Here we hiked all the way through the alpine meadow to Hidden Lake. We hiked through the snow (Jay is below) and saw plenty of animals, including big horn sheep and mountain goats. The goats you could usually smell before you saw! That was a full day, and we headed back to Glacier Park Lodge where we stayed.

No comments: