Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scuba Scuba!

So it's official.  We are both PADI Open Water certified divers.  We got cards and everything.

 We did several boat dives last weekend, on Sunday the 15th, off Catalina Island.  The conditions on the way out were a little rough, and April and I were both seasick as hell.  April puked.  I wish I could, I would have felt better.  


You wanna know a great cure for seasickness?  55 degree water!  Seriously, within moments of getting in the water, we both felt fine.  And despite the cold, it was an awesome time!





San Pedro Harbor, around 6am

April getting ready to go chase a Garibaldi
April.  She ate the Girabaldi.  Don't tell California.
So I was just kidding about April eating the Girabaldi.  She ate the Abalone.
Kidding again.  April didn't eat anything, even this Sheep Crab.  We were in a protected area, which is why we saw so much cool stuff!


We went out on the Magician.  The folks than run this operation are solid.  They take great care of their divers, make sure that it's fun and safe, and get you back home happy and ready to go back out with them!  

We had a great time, and are looking forward to a few more trips before we head down to Key Largo this summer with Robert and Tia!

-jh

PS- As soon as I get it to work, I plan to upload some short videos I recorded. 

No comments: