Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What it really means to be Southern in SoCal

This is probably the first time in years that we have updated the blog more than once in a 2-day period. Don't get spoiled.

As many of you know, I love to cook, and having lived and eaten in many parts of the U.S., my cooking has many influences. I have a fair amount of family from Mississippi and Louisiana, and have always enjoyed Cajun and Creole food, especially the gumbos and stews that are so prevalent along the Gulf and bayou country.

When you combine that with being Southern in SoCal, some pretty cool things happen...

(click on photo to embiggen. I can say embiggen if I want to, dammit!)

It's amazing what you can make with some red wine, a few tomatoes, okra, catfish, oysters, and mussels. And a bay leaf, salt, and creole seasoning. That's one hell of a stew!

Who's comin' for dinner? There's plenty more red wine!

No comments: