Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


My St. Patrick's Day started off without much luck, I have to say. My bus was 45 minutes late, and I had a lot I had to finish up. But when I arrived, I found that a leprechaun had visited me, leaving behind his little hat and some "gold" chocolate. That perked me right up!

After a great seminar on job hunting with a PhD (it's getting time for me to move on from my post-doctoral training) and a good Pilates workout, I was ready to head home.

Jay had more Irish goodness waiting for me in the form of Smithwick's Ale and homemade corned beef with cabbage. As an appetizer he'd picked up some Dubliner cheese, and boy did Meow and I enjoy that! Meow is a very particular eater of cheese (she likes feta, strong cheddars, and gouda, but dislikes swiss, goat, american, and brie). Afterwards we walked down the street to McDonald's. Neither Jay nor myself had ever tried a Shamrock shake, so we shared a large one. I'd say my luck mostly comes from marrying Jay!

No comments: