Monday, December 29, 2008

The Nutcracker

This year Jay and I attended the Nutcracker. This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time, and hopefully we will make it a tradition for future Christmas celebrations together. As you can see by my collection in the picture to the left, I have a bit of thing for Nutcrackers! The ballet we attended was performed by the Los Angeles Ballet at Royce Hall on the UCLA campus. The hall was beautiful, and the ballet was magical. It was a wonderful evening, despite my poor husband's cold!






Jay was sick, but a very good sport. He even posed for pictures for me before the ballet began! Isn't he handsome?

He made me pose also, despite my pitiful self-inflicted haircut. Please just disregard this picture.

Some of the dancers posed for pictures following the performance. From the left is Marie, danced by Melissa Barak, her prince, danced by Peter Snow, Clara, danced by Lilit Hogtanian, and the Nutcracker, performed by Erik Thordal-Christensen. They were all incredibly talented!

1 comment:

April said...

I think that is one of the wonkiest pictures I have seen of myself in quite some time.