Friday, January 25, 2008

Bad Weather Goddess?

I'm beginning to feel a little suspicious. I recall that in Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, there was a rain god who did not know that he was in fact a rain god. He just spent his entire life miserable, being followed by adoring clouds of rain.

I have noticed that every time I move somewhere, the weather goes straight to hell. I recall Cape Cod setting both snow and low temperature records while I was present. I visited Alabama just in time to experience the first snow storm in close to a decade. And now the weather in normally impervious-to-all-things-unsunny Southern California has turned cold, wet, and dreary.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/01/25/california.weather.ap/index.html

So, my guess is that I'm a lightning rod for bad weather (pardon the pun) or perhaps Meow has some sort of cat power to conjure up good feline snuggle weather... maybe the Egyptians were right about the cats....

No comments: